I have been slowly reading through a book called "Becoming the Woman of His Dreams" by Sharon Jaynes. In this book, Sharon details 7 qualities that men long for in their wives. It's very encouraging and challenging. This week, I read her chapter on respect. She outlines 25 ways to respect your husband....
1. Do not talk down to him
2. Do not talk badly about him to others
3. Do not check behind him to make sure he did something to your standard
4. Do not disregard his wishes
5. Do not ignore his requests
6. Do not laugh at his mistakes
7. Do not make him the brunt of your jokes
8. Do not compare him to other men
9. Do not complain about your finances or his ability as a provider
10. Do not speak sarcastically or with verbal jabs
11. Do not roll your eyes when he makes comments you don't agree with
12. Do not continually "have a better idea
13. Do talk to him in a pleasant tone
14. Do speak highly or compliment him in front of others
15. Do allow him to do tasks his own way and then thank him when he is finished
16. Do value his opinions
17. Do support his decisions
18. Do try to fulfill his requests
19. Do thank him for providing for your family
20. Do allow him to make final decisions
21. Do support him in his decisions regardless of the outcome
22. Do avoid the words, "I told you so"
23. Do take care of your appearance
24. Do ask his opinion about your clothes/hairstyle etc...
25. Do tell him you are proud of him
Wow! If you are like me, you never knew that this much went into being a respectful wife! This was challenging to me as a wife that even when I think I'm doing "pretty good," there's always room for God to challenge and teach me more.