For many couples, once they get married the dates end. More often then not it's because money gets tight!
For the past 15 months, Jimmy and I have made a commitment to go on a date together at least once a week even if it's just doing something for free. As hard as it is sometimes to come up with something living in a small town, we have finally compiled a nice little list of things we like to do together.
I LOVE our date nights!
They have been one of the best things we have done for our marriage.
It's nice to know that in the middle of the week, when we've been running around doing everything else under the sun, that I get my hubby all to myself for a whole evening!
So if you are a dating couple, newlywed, or an old married couple, here is a list of 25 things you can do with your spouse to spend time together on a date night!
1. Go on a picnic
2. Go out for a country drive...pack snacks and a favorite CD
3. Go ice-skating
4. Go mini golfing
5. Go out in the middle of no where and star gaze
6. Go fishing
7. Go bowling
8. Make dinner together...and eat it together!
9. Go flea marketing;)
10. Go on a hike
11. Order pizza and play a board game
12. Rent a movie and watch it on a laptop somewhere outside...make your own drive in!
13. Play tennis
14. Go spotlighting
15. Make a time capsule to open in 10 years...get creative!
16. Go to a coffee shop...just sit, drink, and talk
17. Dress up nice and go out for dinner
18. Camp out...build a bonfire and sleep under the stars
19. Go on a bike ride...bonus if it's by a river or lake;)
20. Go to the gym together and workout
21. Go to a minor league baseball game (or any other sport you enjoy)
22. Pick a TV show and have a marathon (We just started watching Jericho on Netflix...it's addicting!)
23. Go play arcade games together. Embrace your inner kid;)
24. Go out for ice cream and take a walk around town
25. Go treasure hunting! Ever heard of Geocaching? It can make for a very fun and adventurous date night, and the best part is, it's free!
Even with a nice little list of date night ideas, do you and your hubby ever find yourselves clueless as to what to do? No one wants to decide....hmmm.
Well to avoid that horribleness, I wrote out all our ideas on Popsicle sticks and we take turns drawing one every week. You can lay them out face down, or stick them in a jar and draw!
Here are a few of our favorites.
Tonight, we are headed out on a picnic and some meteor shower watching from a country field or road somewhere! I can't wait:)
I hope you found some ideas that will work for you. Have fun dating!